We’re working with Masterton and South Wairarapa District Councils to create a future where we are generating less waste, and better managing any waste we do make.
Part of a bigger picture that encompasses the Greater Wellington region and all eight councils in it, we’re taking a regional look at how we can make a difference and minimise the climate change, biodiversity loss, ocean acidification, and pollution impacts that waste has across our spectacular valley, ranges, waterways, and coast.
And, we’re keen to hear what you think.
We’re looking for feedback on the Wellington Region Waste Management and Minimisation Plan 2023-29 (WMMP for short) – in particular the joint regional Wairarapa Local Action Plan.
We are consulting on this draft plan up until 5pm Friday 1 September. Your feedback will help shape the WMMP before it is agreed by the eight councils across the Wellington Region later this year.
Find out more
The consultation is based on the following documents, which will help you decision making:
- Wellington Region Waste Management and Minimisation Plan Statement of Proposal (837 KB) (pdf)
- Wellington Region Waste Management and Minimisation Plan 2023 – 2029 (3.06 MB) (pdf)
- Wellington Region Waste Assessment 2023 (4.18 MB) (pdf)
- Wairarapa Joint Action Plan (1.33 MB) (pdf)
- WMMP Submission Form Wairarapa (1.02 MB) (pdf)
Have your say
We’re keen to hear your thoughts on the plan. Here’s how you can have your say.
- Visit the Less Waste Greater Place website [www.lesswastegreaterplace.co.nz] and complete an online submission, or download a copy of the submission form.
- drop it off to your local Council office or library.
- email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- mail it to Freepost 112477, Masterton District Council, PO Box 444, Masterton 5840.