Last updated: 11 Feb, 2022 11:39am
The BCA grants or refuses certificates (e.g. building consents or Code Compliance Certificates) to people wanting to undertake building work or who have completed building work under a building consent.
All building work requires a building consent unless it comes under exemption.
A building consent is confirmation that the proposed building, plumbing, drainage and safety requirements comply with the Building Code.
You can do also download the forms, fill them and send or bring them to Council, but please note we may charge for the extra work required.
Visit Simpli to complete or download these forms:
- Application for Amendment to Building Consent Form
- Guide to filling out a building consent
- Application for Code Compliance Certificate
- Application for Extension of Time
- Application for Amendment of Compliance Schedule
- Application for a Certificate of Acceptance
- Statutory Declaration for Owner Builders
- Application for Certificate for Public Use