Level 1 Alert Covid-19
ROAD WORKS AND CLOSURES
Monday 29 June BLOCKED ROAD – EAST TARATAHI ROAD
Road is closed on East Taratahi Rd between Perrys Rd to Carters Line, due to a truck’s trailer rolling over.
Detour in place via Hughes Line, Francis Line and Carters Line. This may be in place for several hours.
Drainage works on SH2, Clareville
Drainage improvements will be taking place during the daytime in the next few weeks at State Highway 2 Clareville.
The work is at two sites: Chester Road intersection and outside the Clareville Nursery and Garden Centre.
A new sump and soak pit will be installed in the road shoulder at each site to improve the drainage of surface water and reduce flooding issues.
Road shoulder sumps and soak pits
Chester Road intersection by Showgrounds
Monday 15 June to Friday 19 June | 9am-4pm
Monday 22 June to Friday 26 June | 9am-4pm
Outside Clareville Nursery and Garden Centre
Monday 29 June to Friday 3 July | 9am-4pm
Monday 6 July to Friday 10 July | 9am-4pm
Roadworks may be postponed due to rain or other factors that disrupt our weekly schedule. To check, please visit: https://journeys.nzta.govt.nz/wellington/road-works.
Lincoln Road – current scheduled programme of works
- December 2019 – Construction of a lime footpath from the end of the existing concrete footpath to Brooklyn Road, and re-shaping the berm drainage at each entranceway.
- January 2020 – Replacement and extension of various stream culverts between Pembroke Street and Victoria Street to allow for the kerb and channel installation. This will remove the need for the two existing footpath bridges across the stream as the culverts will extend to the boundary fence line.
- February/March 2020 – Construction of the kerb and channel from Pembroke Street to Victoria Street.
- November/December 2020 – Widening and construction of the new road pavement out to the newly constructed kerb and channel between Pembroke Street and Victoria Street.
- February 2021 – Resealing Lincoln Road from the seal joint south of Victoria Street to Brooklyn Road.
Road Resealing – current scheduled programme of works
- Taverner Street 24/03/2020
- Wyndham Street 24/03/2020
- Belvedere Road 25/03/2020 – resealing at 2 sites either side of the railway line
There are currently no water restrictions in place.