Level 1 Alert Covid-19
ROAD WORKS AND CLOSURES
Lincoln Road – current scheduled programme of works
- December 2019 – Construction of a lime footpath from the end of the existing concrete footpath to Brooklyn Road, and re-shaping the berm drainage at each entranceway.
- January 2020 – Replacement and extension of various stream culverts between Pembroke Street and Victoria Street to allow for the kerb and channel installation. This will remove the need for the two existing footpath bridges across the stream as the culverts will extend to the boundary fence line.
- February/March 2020 – Construction of the kerb and channel from Pembroke Street to Victoria Street.
- November/December 2020 – Widening and construction of the new road pavement out to the newly constructed kerb and channel between Pembroke Street and Victoria Street.
- February 2021 – Resealing Lincoln Road from the seal joint south of Victoria Street to Brooklyn Road
Restricted Fire Season (Fire by permit only)
Wairarapa moves to a restricted fire season as of 8am Wednesday 20 January.
A restricted fire season means people need a fire permit it they want to light an outdoor fire in the Wairarapa. Go to www.checkitsalright.nz to apply.