Clareville Cemetery is located on Chester Road on the outskirts of Carterton. It is administered by the Carterton District Council. The grave of Charles Rooking Carter, from whom Carterton derives its name, can be found at Clareville Cemetery. The first burial took place on 26 July 1866.
The Cemetery has its own small chapel which was opened in August 1999, the chapel features a stand crafted from local wood containing a memorial book.
A crematorium is also located within the cemetery, and with every cremation performed a native tree is planted.