Last updated: 12 Jul, 2022 12:20pm
- 10.40am: Steam Train arrives in Carterton
- 10.50am: Departs Carterton
- 11.15am: Arrives Masterton
- 12.50pm: Departs Masterton
- 1.15pm: Arrives Carterton
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Tickets $24.00 + booking fee
- Tickets all one price no half fares or discounts available.
- Children up to 3yrs may travel “free on an adult knee” NOTE: only one child per knee allowed.
- The layover at Masterton is 1hr 40 minutes (100 minutes) this is necessary to detach the locomotive allow it to travel through Masterton rail yard to the turntable to be rotated to point South for the return to Carterton and re-attach it to the carriages. There will be some food vendors at Masterton station for passengers.
- Parents with an “active” child (in the 3yrs category) may like to purchase a ticket for them. Parents may also benefit from taking a favourite book or game to amuse little people while waiting.
- Face Masks required as per Public Health Travel recommendations.
Back & Better in 2022
Save the Date: Sunday September 11!
The Carterton daffodil festival is back and Wairarapa could not be happier!
Everyone’s favourite attractions from daffodil picking at the historic Middlerun farm, to the steam train excursion, the High Street market, and street performers will be back in action attracting over 10,000 visitors to the district.
This is one of the town’s biggest days with community groups and businesses coming together to ensure the town is at its most beautiful.
Festival planners from many community groups have been in full swing behind the scenes ensuring the day is a success for all.
This festival is the jewel in the crown for the Wairarapa and one of the longest-running festivals in the region’s history – and we can’t wait to see you!
Check out www.cartertonnz.com for great ideas for places to shop, eat, stay, and explore.
Want a market stall?
- Contact Grant & Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org
Need to arrange food stall certification?
- Contact Kathy Dhamodharan at email@example.com
General enquiries and information
- Sandra Burles firstname.lastname@example.org