Charles Rooking Carter Awards
Last updated: 05 May, 2022 03:31pm
Nominate an outstanding Carterton person, organisation, or business for a prestigious Charles Rooking Carter Award.
Our most recent awards broke all records for nominations, and we want to recognise even more of our amazing locals in 2022!
The Charles Rooking Carter Community Awards was created by the Carterton District Council in 1994 to publicly acknowledge and celebrate the outstanding volunteer work, business innovation, and achievements of members in the community.
The Awards are named after Charles Rooking Carter.
Carter was a strong advocate for Wairarapa settlers and was instrumental in developing many public services in Carterton including the library, an astronomical observatory, cemetery, post office, courthouse, and police station.
His most notable gifts to the town were the Carter Home for aged men, now known as Carter Court, and the Carter Reserve, an area of native bushland.
To date, over 142 Charles Rooking Carter Community awards have been given to people who generously provide time, passion, and commitment to making Carterton a caring and thriving place to live.
How to Nominate
It’s easy to nominate someone for an award. Simply:
- complete the relevant online form below, or;
- download a nomination form, complete it, and email it to email@example.com, or return it to the Carterton Events Centre, or;
- pick up a printed copy of the nomination form from the Carterton District Council, the Carterton Events Centre, or the Carterton District Library.
The deadline is Friday 11 March 2022
Pop into the Carterton Events Centre or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can put someone forward for the following awards:
- Voluntary Award: A person or organisation of Carterton who volunteers their time and/or skills in Carterton to keep our District amazing.
- Civic Award: A person or organisation of Carterton who goes above and beyond to keep Carterton amazing.
- Business Award: Own or work at an amazing Carterton business? Nominate your workplace today!
- Environmental & Sustainability Award: Any business, organisation, or individual that makes an outstanding contribution to improving our environment and sustainability.
- Youth Award: An individual aged 24 and under who contributes to the Carterton Community in a positive way by volunteering, through the arts, sports, or education.