Planning & Resource Consent
If you re planning on doing building work and require a building and/or resource consent, you will need to complete one or more of the following application forms.
The forms should be completed in full and the contact details and names of design or building professionals or other consultants should be accurately recorded where necessary.
If the forms are not filled out properly, they will be rejected. Council cannot fill forms out on your behalf.
Building Consent forms
Simpli is an online tool for making an application for Building Consent (including solid fuel heating and amendments), Code Compliance Certificate, Certificate of Acceptance, and LBP declarations.
If you are unable to complete an electronic application, you can come into the Council office and our friendly team will be able to provide a paper based application form.
Visit Simpli for help and guidance on filling out the forms.
You can do also download the forms, fill them and send or bring them to Council, but please note we may charge for the extra work required.
- Application for Amendment to Building Consent Form
- Application for a Certificate of Acceptance
- Application for Certificate for Public Use
- Application for Code Compliance Certificate
- Application for Extension of Time
- Application for Amendment of Compliance Schedule
- Statutory Declaration for Owner Builders
- Guide to filling out a building consent
- Carterton District Height and Setback Standards for Rural, Residential, Commercial and Industrial Zones
Planning and Resource Consents
Download our planning and resource consent forms here.
Check out our fact sheets on the Planning and Resource consent pages if you have any questions.
Contact us for further help.