ROAD WORKS AND CLOSURES
Chipsealing SH2 High Street
UPDATE: While some of the chipsealing work has already taken place, the completion of the work south of Diamond St to Portland Rd has been delayed until Sunday and Monday nights (26 and 27 January) due to machinery issues.
We would like to advise you of road resurfacing with chipseal scheduled for State Highway 2 High Street South, Carterton, from south of Rexwood Street to Portland Road on three nights in January.
Weather permitting, the work will take place as follows.
Monday 20 January 7pm-5.30am
Tuesday 21 January 7pm-5.30am Wednesday 22 January 7pm-5.30am
Plus up to 2 days at a lowered speed limit while the seal settles
Roadworks may be postponed due to rain or unforeseen factors that disrupt our weekly schedule. To check: https://journeys.nzta.govt.nz/wellington/road-works.
Lincoln Road – current scheduled programme of works
- December 2019 – Construction of a lime footpath from the end of the existing concrete footpath to Brooklyn Road, and re-shaping the berm drainage at each entranceway.
- January 2020 – Replacement and extension of various stream culverts between Pembroke Street and Victoria Street to allow for the kerb and channel installation. This will remove the need for the two existing footpath bridges across the stream as the culverts will extend to the boundary fence line.
- February/March 2020 – Construction of the kerb and channel from Pembroke Street to Victoria Street.
- November/December 2020 – Widening and construction of the new road pavement out to the newly constructed kerb and channel between Pembroke Street and Victoria Street.
- February 2021 – Resealing Lincoln Road from the seal joint south of Victoria Street to Brooklyn Road.
Restricted Fire Season
Lighting a fire is riskier than usual, so you’ll need a permit. You may also need to meet specific conditions to help you light your fire safely and prevent it from getting out of control.
Anyone wanting more information or a permit should visit www.checkitsalright.nz/ or call 0800 658 628
WATER RESTRICTIONS AND SHUTDOWNS
Water Restrictions in force
The current restrictions allow for handheld hoses to be used on alternate days, however, this is dependent on rainfall and may change at a later date.
Updates on the current restrictions will be posted here and on the sign on the outside of the Carters building on High Street.
Taratahi & Carrington Water Race Restrictions now in force
Carterton District Council has imposed water restrictions on the use of the Taratahi & Carrington Water Race, due to the lack of rain fall and the current low water levels of the Waingawa & Mangatarere Rivers.
As our water allocation has been reduced to the lowest take, we need to conserve water so the supply reaches our end race users.
This restriction dictates that the race water can only be used for the purpose of Stock drinking water and domestic toilets only.
Please use your water sensibly and avoid wastage. This will help to ensure that there is a sufficient water supply for everyone.