Wairarapa Library Service Committee
Last updated: 08 Feb, 2022 02:45pm
Members of the public are welcome and encouraged to attend meetings of Council and Committees.
Some parts of a meeting may be held in the exclusion of the public.
Information on this is available in Section 18 of the Council Standing Orders [Download/View ].
A public forum is provided at the start of meetings, where anyone can address elected members.
At least 24 hours notice is required if members of the public wish to speak at the public forum.
Full details of the rules for speaking at the public forum is available in Section 15 of the Council Standing Orders [Download/View ].
Terms of Reference
To monitor, develop, evaluate and report to the Council on the implementation of the Wairarapa Library Service Strategic Plan.
1. Develop and recommend to each Member Authority the adoption of a revised WLS Strategic Plan for public consultation.
2. To hear and determine submissions to the WLS Strategic Plan for recommendation to each Member Authority.
3. Monitor and report to Member Authorities on the implementation of the Wairarapa Library Service Strategic Plan and Mission Statement.
4. Monitor the delivery of library services.
5. Develop, approve and monitor the implementation of operational policies and procedures that support the achievement of the WLS Strategic Plan and the delivery of a comprehensive professional library service.
Two elected members from each Member Authority. Crs Steve Cretney and Dale Williams represent Carterton District.
The Wairarapa Library Service shall elect two Co-Chairs, one from each Member Authority, to preside over meetings alternately.
One elected member from each Member Authority
Quarterly, and as required. Meetings usually take place at Carterton Events Centre, at 2pm on Wednesdays.
Meeting Dates 2022
- 16 February
- 11 May
- 3 August
- 30 November