Water Race Committee
Last updated: 13 Jan, 2022 01:42pm
To oversee the management of the Carrington and Taratahi water races and make recommendations to Council as required.
- Attend a meeting
- Terms of Reference
- Personnel and membership
- Meetings Archive
Members of the public are welcome and encouraged to attend meetings of Council and Committees.
A public forum is provided for at the start of meetings, where anyone can address elected members.
Call us on 06 379 4030 if you wish to participate in this public forum.
Terms of Reference
- To oversee the operation of the Carrington and Taratahi Water Races.
- To make decisions on applications to alter or use the water races.
- To make recommendations to Council on:
a. the level of rates and charges for the Rural Water Service activity.
b. any changes to, or development of new bylaws in respect to the Carrington and Taratahi Water Races.
- To develop policy in respect of the water races and recommend these to the Policy and Strategy Committee.
- Chair: Cr Brian Deller
- John McFadzean represents Carrington Water Race users.
- Neil Wadham, David Ellison, and Jill Eastham represent Taratahi Water Race users.
- Councillors Robyn Cherry-Campbell, and Jill Greathead, and Mayor Greg Lang.
- Three elected members.
- Up to four community members elected by water race users.
- Additional co-opt additional member/s if required.
- The Chairperson will be an elected member.
Two elected members and two community members.
- 16 February
- 18 May
- 3 August
- 9 November
We're sorry this page wasn't useful for you!
Tell us how we can improve this page. If you would like a direct response, please include an email address.