Water Race Committee
Last updated: 28 Jan, 2022 01:50pm
To oversee the management of the Carrington and Taratahi water races and make recommendations to Council as required.
Members of the public are welcome and encouraged to attend meetings of Council and Committees.
Some parts of a meeting may be held in exclusion of the public.
Information on this is available in Section 18 of the Council Standing Orders [Download/View ].
A public forum is provided at the start of meetings, where anyone can address elected members.
At least 24 hours’ notice is required if members of the public wish to speak at the public forum.
Full details of the rules for speaking at the public forum is available in Section 15 of the Council Standing Orders [Download/View ].
Terms of Reference
- To oversee the operation of the Carrington and Taratahi Water Races.
- To make decisions on applications to alter or use the water races.
- To make recommendations to Council on:
a. the level of rates and charges for the Rural Water Service activity.
b. any changes to, or development of new bylaws in respect to the Carrington and Taratahi Water Races.
- To develop policy in respect of the water races and recommend these to the Policy and Strategy Committee.
- Chair: Cr Brian Deller
- John McFadzean represents Carrington Water Race users.
- Neil Wadham, David Ellison, and Jill Eastham represent Taratahi Water Race users.
- Councillors Robyn Cherry-Campbell, and Jill Greathead, and Mayor Greg Lang.
- Three elected members.
- Up to four community members elected by water race users.
- Additional co-opt additional member/s if required.
- The Chairperson will be an elected member.
Two elected members and two community members.
- 16 February
- 18 May
- 3 August
- 9 November