For the past seven months, our council has been undertaking 900 metres of sewer renewal along Lincoln Road. This was to replace an ageing pipe which allowed infiltration of ground water and causing increased stormwater flows into our waste water treatment plant.
The renewal has now been successfully completed and some remedial road resurfacing work has begun along the affected area.
The upcoming programme of works for this area have been planned as follows:
- December 2019 – Construction of a lime footpath from the end of the existing concrete footpath to Brooklyn Road, and re-shaping the berm drainage at each entranceway.
- January 2020 – Replacement and extension of various stream culverts between Pembroke Street and Victoria Street to allow for the kerb and channel installation. This will remove the need for the two existing footpath bridges across the stream as the culverts will extend to the boundary fence line.
- February/March 2020 – Construction of the kerb and channel from Pembroke Street to Victoria Street.
- November/December 2020 – Widening and construction of the new road pavement out to the newly constructed kerb and channel between Pembroke Street and Victoria Street.
- February 2021 – Resealing Lincoln Road from the seal joint south of Victoria Street to Brooklyn Road.
We appreciate your patience while this work is taking place and apologise for any inconvenience it may cause.