Carterton is open for business!
Our local businesses are ready and waiting for eager shoppers, so let’s support them by shopping local whenever we can.
How do I know which businesses are open?
From Tuesday 31 August at 11.59pm we will be in Level 3. We will update this page as we go – but for now here are the Carterton Businesses that are open in Level 3.
If you can’t find what you need in Carterton we encourage you to look around the Wairarapa and then New Zealand before purchasing. By keeping our spend local we support our communities. #buylocal #lovelocal
Below is a list of some of the businesses who will be operating in Level 3. Please email email@example.com is you would like your business added.
Kāinga Eatery Finom Finom Kitchen – Wild oats – Indian Taj – Downtown Pizza
– Bavaria – Chopsticks – Little Africa – The North End Store – The Olive Branch – The Clareville Bakery – Gladstone Inn – Gracias Coffee to Go text/ph 022 370 7838 – Teepee Cider –
North end store –– Carterton bottle store – Gladstone vineyard –– Sweetery Limited – GAS – Carterton Mobil – Carterton New World – Right Dairy – High Street Dairy – Belvedere Store – Masson Implement Co Ltd – Wairarapa Electrical and Appliances – Choice Fruit Products – Limited – Double Dollar Plus – L J Hooker –
Clareville Nursery & Garden Centre – TLC Services – Tractor, Lawnmower and Chainsaw Services – Dirt Monkey Ltd – Cooper Farm Services – Cheers Autos – Cat Purr-Fection Cattery – Wairarapa Hedge Cutting 0274433432 –
Not on the list? If you’re open for business, let us know by emailing
Where can businesses go for help?
- You can list yourself as ‘Open for Business’ in this document being co-ordinated by 3Mile Coworking Community: https://docs.google.com/…/1mXsloCGFoWuUDmyCZVBNG4K7ff…/edit…
- Create an online store quickly and for free with Swiftly, created by some clever kiwis over the weekend, it makes selling online simple: https://www.swiftly.nz/
- WellingtonNZ have set up a Business Response Team who you can call directly for advice: https://www.wellingtonnz.com/business/covid-19/, they are hosting useful webinars here: https://www.wellingtonnz.com/…/online-workshops-building-b…/
- business.govt.nz has a range of FAQs about how retail and hospitality can operate: https://www.business.govt.nz/…/workplace-operations-covid-…/
How customers can help:
- SOS Cafe – buy vouchers from your favourite cafes and businesses. Buy them now, when these places really need the cash, and get the services later when this whole Covid-19 is a bad memory.
- Find local businesses that are open using this directory which is currently being managed by 3Mile Coworking Community: https://docs.google.com/…/1mXsloCGFoWuUDmyCZVBNG4K7ff…/edit…
- Keep an eye on Destination Wairarapa for latest businesses operating and other support local initiatives.
- Remember you will be able to click and collect or have food delivered from lots of our great eateries. Sites and apps like Menulog and Regulr make it easy to find and order.
- Shopping local will help our small businesses bounce back. If you can, we encourage you to support them by making an order online or over the phone. Just remember to maintain your distance if you decide to click and collect.