Liquor Licensing, Food and Noise Control
Full Time Position
Carterton District Council and staff pride ourselves on being responsive to our customers and community. We are looking for someone who aligns with this approach and can manage the liquor licensing, food and noise control functions for the Council.
Reporting to the Human Resources and Democratic Services Manager you will:
- Provide competent advice on license certificates and food business registration applications, inspections, and resolve problems and conflicts.
- Process license, certificate or registration applications, carry out inspections, verifications and audits for liquor licencing and food control plans.
- Respond to excessive noise complaints during office hours.
- Assist in associated policy development and review as required.
- Ensure a courteous and timely response to all customer enquiries.
- Prepare concise and helpful explanatory promotional and educational material on Council’s liquor licensing, food and noise control functions to assist and inform business owners.
- Prepare regular reports as required for Council and other regulatory agencies.
What you will need:
- At least five years in a compliance/advisory role or related field.
- A sound knowledge of all relevant statutes, regulations and standards pertaining to Liquor Licensing, Food and Noise Control.
- A high standard of digital literacy.
- A National Diploma in Environmental Health Science or recognised equivalent, as defined in the Environmental Health Officers Qualifications Regulations 1993, would be an advantage.
If you think this sounds like you and you’d like to join our team please send your covering letter and C.V. to Casey Spencer, Democratic Services Coordinator, Carterton District Council – email@example.com
Applications will close at 5pm on Tuesday the 23rd of April 2019.