Carterton District Council is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced consultant to review Council Procurement and Contract management practices for medium and large-scale capital works.
The review would consider the tools, practices, and opportunities used to mitigate project risks at the concept and design stages.
What We Need
Identify cost-effective practices that if used would reduce time, cost, or deliverable risks on medium and large-scale Council-led projects.
What’s important to us
A project review is valuable where it identifies cost-effective practices that if used, would reduce the risks on a similar project using the same starting point: concept stage.
By considering what went well, and what could be done if doing a similar project in the future, the report can then feed into Council’s procurement policy and staff development.
What we don’t want
A hindsight review of Council projects seeking to identify what went wrong or apportion blame.
Skills we are looking for
The consultant will need:
- recent direct experience in Procurement of Council or NZTA co-funded civil infrastructure (understanding how Council as a client works with designers and suppliers in gaining their services for capital work, and actively reduces risk pricing premiums).
- the ability to identify, then assess, raw and moderated project risks such as unforeseen ground or site conditions, contractor default, impacts of adverse weather.
- to balance the time windows for investigation, design, tendering, construction phases to minimise variations during construction phases knowing Council’s Long-Term Plan budgeting cycle, and;
- to provide a similar review of a major build/rebuild for Councils elsewhere, picking up both successes and issues.
Submissions will be evaluated and weighted according to the following evaluation criteria:
- Knowledge and understanding of Wairarapa, and/or districts with similar characteristics
- Technical expertise:
- Skillsets and areas of professional expertise of delivery procurement/construction contracts.
- Skillsets and expertise with developing implementation plans.
- Capacity to deliver
- Ability to dedicate individual consultants for the duration of the work.
- Ability to draw on additional consultants during peak work periods.
- Demonstrate previous experience in this area.
- Project management skills and experience
- Examples of project management/governance roles.
- Ability to provide strategic and operational support.
Please submit your application details and relevant documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm 31 January 2022.
We're sorry this page wasn't useful for you!
Tell us how we can improve this page. If you would like a direct response, please include an email address.