This page has been set up to give you the latest council and community updates and any affected services as a result of COVID-19
From 6am Sunday 28 February, Wairarapa is in Alert Level 2 for 7 days.
* Schools and businesses will remain open
Make summer unstoppable
What can I do to support local businesses?
Carterton has already been doing a fantastic job of supporting our local businesses. We know some of them will continue to feel the effects of Covid-19 for quite some time, so it’s important we keep putting our money where our heart is – in Carterton!
Scanning QR codes at local businesses with the NZ COVID Tracer app keeps us 1 step ahead of the virus — the more we scan the safer we’ll be. Keep your phone handy to make scanning in quick and easy.
Where do I find reliable, up to date information about COVID-19?
Your reliable sources of truth can be found at:
Sources of official information are:
- Latest updates: govt.nz/latest-updates
- Frequently asked questions:govt.nz/#faqs
- Staying at home: covid19.govt.nz/individuals-and-households/health-and-wellbeing/staying-at-home-and-self-isolation
- Looking after others: govt.nz/how-were-uniting/looking-after-others
- Financial support: govt.nz/government-actions/financial-support
- Community groups and volunteers: covid19.govt.nz/communities/groups/volunteering/
- List of essential businesses:govt.nz/government-actions/covid-19-alert-level/essential-businesses
- Public transport: org.nz/our-metlink-journey/covid-19-important-information
- Ministry of Health: health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
- Ministry of Education: education.govt.nz/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-3/
- Wellington Regional Emergency Management Office WREMO: wremo.nz
- Government Unite Against COVID-19 Facebook page:com/UniteAgainstCovid19