21 November 2023
Thank you to everyone who made a submission on our Rates Review consultation, and to those who spoke at the public hearings today.
The full report and public submissions are available at https://carterton.infocouncil.biz/Open/2023/11/HC_20231121_AGN_3288_AT_WEB.htm
The hearings committee made the following recommendations, which will go to the full council at the Ordinary Council Meeting on 6 December before being finalised:
* Change the public/private split for the Economic Development activity to be 50% public funded by General Rates including the UAGC with the remainder funded through a new targeted Economic Development rate to the Commercial/Industrial sector.
* The General Rate differential is reduced to 1.8 from 2 for Commercial/Industrial sector.
* Change the funding sources of the following activities from UAGC to General Rates including UAGC:
(̶a̶)̶ ̶ ̶ ̶ ̶ ̶ ̶G̶o̶v̶e̶r̶n̶a̶n̶c̶e̶
(b) Community Amenities
(c) Community Development
(d) Economic Development
(e) Emergency Management
(f) Parks and Reserves
(𝘎𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘴𝘦𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘰 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘴, 𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘴 𝘣-𝘧 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥).
* The public funding for Water and Wastewater is set from 0-10%.
(𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘤 𝘧𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘞𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 10% 𝘵𝘰 0-5%, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘥)
* The General Rate differential 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐭 be increased from 0.8 to 1 for Rural sector
(𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘥).
* To 𝐧𝐨𝐭 change the Uniform Annual General Charge (UAGC) to be based on Separately Used or Inhabited Parts (with the definition included in the Funding Impact Statement).
(𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘜𝘈𝘎𝘊 𝘵𝘰 𝘚𝘜𝘐𝘗 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘥).
* Agree to the above changes to the Revenue and Financing Policy.