Carterton is supported by many volunteers who donate time, skills, and/or services to community organisations, schools, neighbourhoods, families and individuals.
There are a wide variety of different opportunities to volunteer. To find out more, you can contact the Carterton Information Centre, or any of the following community organisations:
- Carterton Neighbourhood Support, Ph Sue Tennent, 027 938 6998
- Carterton Food Bank, Ph Yvonne O’Dowd, 06 379 7366
- Carterton Community Patrol, Ph Tracy Kenavan, 027 229 8254
- Victim Support
- Wairarapa Time Bank
- Toi Wairarapa – Heart of Arts
- Wairarapa Supergrans, Ph 06 377 3115
- Age Concern Accredited Visitor Service
- Keep Carterton Beautiful, Ph Mabel on 06 379 6844
Wairarapa Volunteer Centre
Wairarapa Volunteer Centre celebrates, supports and promotes volunteering in the Wairarapa community, and helps make volunteering a positive and rewarding experience for all involved. The Centre manages an online database of volunteer opportunities available, or you can discuss in person by contacting Katey Salmond at their office at the Masterton Community Centre, 41 Perry St, Masterton.