ROAD WORKS AND CLOSURES
Event – Annual Motorcycle Hill Climb
From the intersections of Te Whiti Road and Westmere Road (Kourarau Hill)
- Saturday the 24th of March 2018 from 9.00am to 4.00pm
- Sunday the 25th of March 2018 from 9.00am to 4.00pm
Event – Rail crossing repairs
Date of Event 14/04/2018 – 6.00am to 16/04/2018 10.00am
- Waterson Line at Rail Crossing
- Chester Road at Rail Crossing
Date of Event 20/04/2018 to 22/04/2018
Time of Event 8.00am to 4.00pm
- Friday 20th April 2018; Full Road length closure, Carters Line to Dixon Street from
8.25am to 4.00pm
- Saturday 21st April 2018; Short term closures as above but only when Race
groups are on Park Road. To be controlled by traffic Controllers
- Sunday 22nd April 2018; Short term closures as above but only when Race groups
are on Park Road. To be controlled by traffic Controllers
NZTA has advised of road maintenance within the Carterton District in the coming week:
Clareville – Sunday 11 March 7pm – 5.30am
From Chester Road north for 1km – Altered lane layout for subsoil testing, various locations
Clareville SH2 – Monday 12 March – Friday 16 March 8am-4.30pm:
Between Somerset Road and Chester Road – Altered lane layout to strengthen and chipseal road shoulders
Please drive with caution.
Roadside mowing – Carterton District
Scheduled roadside mowing will commence on Monday 29th January 2018. This normally takes two weeks to complete. Please drive with caution when attempting to pass.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
There are no Fire Restrictions currently.
Urban Water Restrictions still in place – restrictions reduced.
Carterton District Council have reduced water restrictions to Level One from Level Two, on the use of the Town Water Supply, due to the increase of rain fall. Level One restrictions are effective today, Thursday 8 March 2018.
Sprinklers and hand-held hosing only permitted:
- Even numbered properties on even numbered days.
- Odd numbered properties on odd numbered days.
Notice also applies to rural addresses connected to Town Water Supply and will be upgraded to a total hosing ban if we cannot reduce the current demand on our water supply.
The maximum daily supply Council can currently maintain is 2500 cubic metres:
Visit the Water usage page to see Carterton’s daily totals
Carrington & Taratahi Water Races – Restrictions have now been lifted